Career Opportunity with L’Oreal in South Africa – Lab Manager
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the Quality Control laboratory:
- Manage laboratory staff to ensure optimum output
- Manage training and competence of lab staff to promote growth and improve skill level.
- Manage work flow and planning of all laboratory activities with the help of tools such as 5S and OPTILaB
- Control product release and final decision making.
- Oversee trouble shooting and problem resolution incl NCs; OOS and audits.
- Prepare and analyse relevant data and communicate as required
- Liase with suppliers where necessary
- Manage lab purchases where necessary
- Owner of lab related methods; specs; SOPs and records.
- Involved in audits as required
- Manage all aspects of the equipment in the lab
- Manage pay roll activities.
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities in the lab
- Involved in ad-hoc projects as directed and agreed with the Quality Manager.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Analytical person who works systematically and has good organization skills
- Ability to develop and analyse trend data
- Good investigative skills for troubleshooting and willing and able to think “out the box”.
- Ability to communicate well in writing specifically in technical report writing and procedure writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at various levels on technical and training issues, so that the message is clear, with an ability to influence people in quality related matters.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplined team.
- High level of integrity and responsibility.
- Decision making.
- Attention to detail is critical
- Proficient in big variety of lab testing equipment.
- Good understanding of quality system principles.
- Good understanding of manufacturing and production processes
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years in a FMCG/ Pharma environment, either in Quality or Production. Exposure to all aspects in a production environment is highly advantageous.
- Management experience would be beneficial due to the nature of the position.
- Tertiary qualification in a scientific field.
- Demonstrated computer skills specifically MS Excel, including basic data management and analysis and ability to design these tools where necessary.
- Understanding of Quality systems such as ISO9001; GMP or HACCP is required.