Key Performance Indicators:
- Maximise profitability
- Grow base business sales year on year
- Optimally utilised asset base
- Maximum returns on new investments
- Working capital optimisation
- Debtors risk profile improvement
- Competitive marketing intelligence
- Customer trends and buying patterns
- Market trends
- Market segmentation
- Competitive activity
- Development of overall lubes and marketing strategy for Kenya
- Implementation of market sector strategies
- Develop and implement relevant marketing policies
- Manage Lubes Brand in line with Corporate and Lubes Brand values, principles and policies
- Develop strategy plans for advertising and promotions
- Core product offering in line with segmented market strategies
- Ensure core products are consistently available
- Expert technical support service provided
- Profitability of lubricant product ranges managed
- Introduced innovative value adding processes to maximise customer’s reliance on Engen products and services.
- Alternative or new applications for existing lubricant product ranges identified
- Effective research and development completed
- Effective business solutions developed
- Asset base well maintained
- Matrix with key stakeholders in the business
- Agreed SLA’s in place
- Customer segmented and allocated in line with service requirements
- Performance management
Key Activities and/or Inputs:
- Expense managed within budget
- An audit indicates strict adherence to business procedures and controls.
- Maximise credit collection in line with agreed plans.
- Continuous improvement of the debtors risk profile, as measured against objectives.
- Innovative initiatives to differentiate from competitors
- Customer needs and buying patterns analysed
- Strategy acceptance and adherence by key stakeholders and process owners
- Strategy approved and implemented
- Core product range per affiliate/ market sector implemented
- Lubricants volumes and profits meet benchmarks
- Policies and processes internalised and in place (pricing; rebates; etc.)
- Brand initiatives in place
- Develop/ implement effective sales tools and communication material
- Standardised packaging
- Advertising/ promotion plans aligned with other initiatives and implemented
- All campaigns to have set measurable targets before roll out.
- Monitoring progress against objectives (volume; margins; deadlines)
- Products to meet customer requirements
- Demand forecasting process and procedures implemented and rigidly followed
- No out of stock
- Monitor affiliate performance against targets on regular basis
- Initiate plans/ actions to support sales
- Action plans defined and regularly monitored to gain nominated business
- Number of new accounts delivered in line with targets or better
- Develop and implement marketing support tools:
- Market sector and customer attractiveness analysis
- Advertising/ promotional support
- Tender management strategy and process
- Audits reflect that controls are strictly adhered to.
- Effective technical solutions implemented with customers
- Profitability reports indicate customer profitability improved at key accounts
- Profitability reports indicate lubricant product ranges managed
- Reduction in asset base
- Asset redistribution schedules indicating deployment of assets for maximum use.
- Maintenance plan and resources in place and implemented to HSEQ requirements
- Maintenance report indicating improved efficiencies
- New Capex projects at correct ROI.
- Effective management of key interfaces & customers
- Appropriate SLA’s in place
- Timeously intervention in case of breach of SLA’s
- Customer segmented and allocated in line with technical support required.
- Reduction in customer complaints escalated to management.
- Acceptable customer satisfaction index
- Valid performance contracts are in place and contain agreed goals, targets and aligned to the Job Profile
- Monthly performance reviews conducted
- Individual Development Plan’s completed and agreed training and development opportunities and programmes attended
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Petroleum experience Specialist 3-5 (Years)
- Marketing experience Specialist 3-5 (Years)