1. PURPOSE OF JOB
Reporting directly to the Head, Retail the Brand Manager will plan, develop and direct marketing activities towards the growth and development of the Exim brand through its products, promotions and other market initiatives.
The Brand Manager is further responsible for coordinating activities of specialists in production, sales, advertising, promotion, research and development, marketing research, purchasing, distribution, package development and finance.
The Brand Manager will work with the rest of the Business Segments including Advertising, Media, Outdoor Presence, PR & Sponsorships, Product Management and Corporate Communication.
2. PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare, implement and review brand strategy.
• Compile, implement and update Brand Strategy in accordance with the bank’s overall marketing strategy.
• Compile a comprehensive budget to ensure financial requirements are met.
• Develop and manage marketing campaigns.
• Develop and maintain systems and processes to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of activities within the department.
• Manage operational details of the areas under management including quality of work, timeliness of execution, budgeting and reporting.
• Ensure that proper holistic marketing plans are compiled and updated.
• Manage healthy working relationships with key business partners, including but not limited to advertising agency, media agency, PR agency, Media Owners, Production Agencies, Media, and others.
• Development and management of marketing strategies for the short-, medium-, and long-term.
• Compilation of reports including but not limited to monthly review reports, monthly financial reports, quarterly review reports, board pack submissions, and others.
• Deliver presentations to a variety of audiences from time to time.
• Attend to projects identified by the management that require specific brand related attention.
• Undertake regional visits from time to time to understand the dynamics of the market and to take appropriate action on matters arising.
3. JOB DIMENSIONS
- Key business partners within the bank
- Liaising with media in promoting brand awareness to the public.
- Promoting brand awareness internally
4. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate in Marketing, Business or related field
- Postgraduate Qualification will be added advantage.
- Training in media and advertising is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years brand or advertising experience
- Experience in working with big banking industry or big brand companies
5. SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to liase with management at a very senior level
• Good problem solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Creative, innovative thinking
• Initiative and good teamwork
• Good time management