Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base.
It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are a seeking a Manager, Communication & Infrastructure to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Head IT
Responsible for: Communication, Infrastructure & Data Center
Purpose of Role
The Infrastructure Manager is responsible for assisting in the development of bank goals and objectives; designing, implementing and administering/monitoring bank’s local and wide area network systems; providing high level technical support; supervising and training department staff; managing assigned projects; and providing leadership in the areas of technology usage; providing leadership in designing, implementing, and administering the bank’s Data Centers at HQ and at the Disaster Recovery Site, Email Services, Backup/Recovery and service recoverability, Security Standards, and computing services within the enterprise which include: Help Desk and Desktop Support.
He/She is responsible for leading a service-oriented Information Technology unit by implementing customer service metrics which measure IT’s ability to provide service and support. In addition, implements system performance metrics to ensure maximum system up-time and takes proactive measures according to metrics.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Security, Servers, Storage, Networks/Telecom, Service Desk and Data Centre Management;
- Management of major vendor relationships owned by Infrastructure;
- Leadership of infrastructure team, including leads to ensure timely setup, operations, and maintenance of needed technology through sourcing partners;
- Leadership for setting and managing infrastructure related SLA’s with the business;
- Leadership of major infrastructure incident and problem resolution;
- Accountability for ensuring that issue reporting and resolution processes are in place and effectively managed by direct reports;
- Accountability for ensuring overall service delivery and tracking delivered solutions to ensure fit with business requirements;
- Management of relationships with key business partners : Ensure infrastructure readiness according to planned implementation and release milestones (capacity planning)
- Oversight of demand forecasting of specific infrastructure products and services through portfolio view of infrastructure projects and initiatives;
DC & DR Management
- Accountability to ensure infrastructure adheres to applicable disaster recovery and business continuity policies, and work with technology and business leadership to address any identified gaps;
- Plan, implement, and execute global Disaster Recovery initiatives.
- Responsible for continuous availability of infrastructure, key applications and core services (including end-user support) in a 24/7 environment.
Compliance & Management Reporting
- Accountable for governance and compliance on all Infrastructure policies including security and access control, configuration management, change management, and data protection; and
- Initiate, review and implement infrastructure related change request for interdepartmental and bank wide projects, Perform change management risk reviews and post implementation reviews for all change requests.
- Proactively monitoring utilization of resources to ensure compliance of all users and services, and providing periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) MIS reports to the Head of IT
- Prepare and ensure that Risk Control Self-Assessment is conducted periodically for unit.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A graduate in IT, IS, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics or related field is desirable.
- Relevant experience of at least 5 years as a technology, 3 of which should be in a senior role leading an IT team/unit.
- Knowledge in Virtual environments (VMWare) and Enterprise management (AD, Exchange etc)
- Relevant certifications in Infrastructure and Networking (MCSE, CCNA etc)
- Project management skills will be added advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills with project management experience
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
- Good communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good understanding of international control and service standards such as ITIL, COBIT, ISO 27000 etc in addition to regulatory requirements.