Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base.
It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are a seeking a Manager for Core Banking System & MIS to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Head IT
Purpose of Role
The job of Manager, CBS & MIS was established for the purpose/s of supporting the day to day front end operations of the Core Banking Application, provide end user support and execute various maintenance on the CBS as and when required; participate in developing, implementing and maintaining applications; documenting system components; and serving as a systems advisor to staff and other bank personnel.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in a variety of planning and development activities, for the purpose of creating short and long term plans for providing support to the business.
- Analysis and assessment of business needs and requirements versus system support
- Provide Core Banking System parameterization according to the user requests as well as a regular periodic parameterization
- Create new branches, products, features, modules in core banking system up on request
- Identify, analyze and report occurred and potential user and/or system problems as well as coordinate with software vendor for solutions, including troubleshooting, root cause analysis and implementing bug fixes
- Support system upgrades, new features and/or product test, and apply fixes/patches
- Coordinate DRP/BCP of core banking system testing and provide reports for ensuring compliance to the comply with IT policy
- Provide system training and support to head office and branches
- Provide coordination and necessary Core Banking System Support during testing, implementation and go live of all core banking peripheral applications such as ATM Switch, Treasury Application, Loan/Credit application, etc.
- Assist in delivering system solutions and implement projects to meet business, operation and compliance objectives.
- Work with various parties to asses, propose, develop, test and roll-out solutions to ensure successful system implementation
- Provide application support to achieve target level of availability thus requiring incumbent to track problems and ensure speedy resolution either internally or by vendor in order to minimize disruption to business operations.
- Follow-up audit findings, propose remediation and ensure rectification or mitigation be carried out successfully.
- Ensure applications are designed according to standard, optimize response time with efficient use of resources and be monitored.
- Work closely with data entry and teller to ensure that they can finish their tasks before close of business.
- Work closely with human resource officer to perform change requests from all branches related to core banking system
- Provides support to the IT Help desk for application related calls.
- Ensure that all policies and guidelines are implemented according to audit recommendations/requirements.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. procedures, system level documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Provide leadership to other CBS unit staff in ensuring services are delivered accurately and timely while adhering to laid out procedures and policies.
- Review vendor contracts and assist in negotiating with vendors for the purpose of providing the bank cost effective and reliable services.
- Ensure compliance with bank and regulator requirementts during implementation of various CBS related services for the bank.
- Be a core member for all IT project implementation groups, coordinating execution of CBS related activities
- Perform change management risk reviews and post implementation reviews for all change requests.
- Proactively monitoring CBS & Core Apps services to ensure compliance of all users and services, and providing periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) MIS reports to the Head of IT
- Regularly review and update CBS & Core Apps related policies, standards and operating procedures, while enforcing departmental and organization wise compliance to the IT management policies.
- Prepare and ensure that Risk Control Self Assessment is conducted periodically for unit.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor degree in Business related field. Degree in IT/MIS is an added advantage
- Minimum two years working experience in Core Banking System or related fields
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge of financial/accounting principles and Banking Operation
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Good integrity, positive attitude, helpful, high commitment, competence and motivation
- Willing to travel to Branches and Sub-Branches
- Hardworking and committed individual
- Good communication skills
- Team player and flexible individual