Report to: Senior Manager, External CommunicationsRole Description:The role is expected to support the Bank’s mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by assisting in coordinating the collection and dissemination of business information to external stakeholders in a manner that is cost effective and consistent with the Bank’s image and mandate.
Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of strategies and plans to support the Bank’s communication process with external stakeholders, including shareholders, customers, partners and the media. The jobholder functions as a key part of the Bank’s public information dissemination team, producing such items as press releases, corporate brochures, website news and publications updates, client communications, presentations, and managing the Bank’s brand image.
Person Specifications:Qualifications Skills & Experience • First degree in Communications, Journalism, or related disciplines and a post graduate degree in the same or related fields from a recognized University;
• Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading organisation, preferably international, and demonstrated experience of communications strategy development and implementation;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and proficiency or good working knowledge of English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages (Arabic and Portugese) is an added advantage;
• Strong digital and social media management skills;
• Familiarity with functions and operating modalities of financial service institutions will be a clear advantage;
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and good knowledge of the African continent;
• Ability to engage senior officials of media companies, banks, corporates and governments for purposes of disseminating required information about the Bank;
• Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives;
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to build and nurture relationships with internal and external counterparties to attain goals.