1. Nature & Scope
The role holder will be responsible for providing input on the creation and introduction of Innovative products and solutions for the Bank’s clients, as well as participating in the evolution and enhancement of the Bank’s existing services and offerings. The position’s core role is to develop new products and marketable solutions that deliver measurable client value and ensure the Bank’s future success. The role holder will be expected to provide professional input on development of product ideas into new or improved product offerings, by constantly monitoring and drawing on advances in Innovation, data collection, analytics, and technology to deliver the best available solutions.
The job holder will also be participating in ensuring the quality of the Innovation work performed and the efficiency is consistent with the Bank’s strategic goals. This role places a premium on working collaboratively with cross functional teams.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
a) Deliver the Innovation Strategy and roadmap in liaison with the respective business departments;
b) Participate in the development of Innovative solutions using various project management disciplines and product process guidelines;
c) Provide professional input in collaboration with the product teams in origination, to Identify, validate and develop new products and service solutions for the Bank’s clients;
d) Participate in the preparation of proposals for new business ideas, new lines of business and products;
e) Analyze, evaluate technology trends, review and develop product features to achieve product goals and enhance financial proposition in Africa;
f) Monitoring and proactively analyzing, on an ongoing basis all ideas from internal and external partners;
g) Provide professional input in detailed market research and analysis to understand changing landscape of financial innovation within the market place and globally that will aid in innovation across the Bank;
h) Assist in the documentation of product and innovation descriptions and Business Case (Business requirements);
i) Participate in cross-functional programs and projects of varied sizes and types concurrently;
j) Participate in the evaluation of portfolio data and innovation pipeline assisting strategic decision-making and Go-to-Market processes;
k) Work with other departments to augment and support their product and solution development skills and activities;
l) Participate in nurturing a culture of innovation, identify and spread great ideas, new approaches and best practices; and
m) Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
3. Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
• Postgraduate degree in ICT, Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related fields from a recognized University;
• Sound experience and proven track record of at least 8 years, preferably in the consulting or financial services industry as a Strategy and Business Planning professional and expert in one or more of the following business functions: evaluating emerging business in B2B technology, product development/management, business development, innovation, new product introduction, R&D, marketing, or other related work;
• Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting strategic business and technology plans for use by the financial services industry and an expert understanding of financial analysis, modelling, statistical analysis and related software;
• Experience in offering strategic insight into industry, consumer and competitor trends;
• Experience with Innovation development or assessment in industries undergoing rapid transformation;
• Experience in presenting and selling ideas to Senior Management with strong presentation skills (written and verbal);
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of business planning practices in Africa;
• Ability to interact with senior officials of international agencies, multilaterals, banks, corporates and governments;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese); and
• Familiarity with the following domains is an added advantage: data science, statistics, quantitative reasoning, social science research, software development/computer science, business plan development, innovation, strategic plan development and both public and private sector clients.