The African Export Import Bank (the “Bank”) was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank was established under the twin constitutive instruments of an Agreement signed by member States and multilateral organizations, and which confers on the Bank the status of an international multilateral organization; as well as a Charter, governing its corporate structure and operations, signed by all Shareholders. The authorized share capital of the Bank is Five Billion United States Dollars (US$5 billion).
The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt, commenced operations on 30 September, 1994, following the signature of a Headquarters Agreement with the host Government in August, 1994. It has branch offices in Harare, Abuja, Abidjan and Nairobi.
Currently, they are seeking a Manager, Internal Audit
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Predominantly focus on internal audit projects, participating in the planning of specific assignments, driving and concluding fieldwork within set timeframes, and reporting of audit findings and observations using approved audit methodology;
- Maintain quality work paper documentations that adequately support audit findings and conclusions;
- Liaise with Auditees at all stages of the audit and manage the presentation of draft audit findings to stakeholders with a view to obtaining necessary buy in, including management response commitments;
- Propose recommendations to address the established root cause of observed issues to the respective areas and follow up implementation of agreed management action plans;
- Provide expertise in subject areas to help advise management on risks and controls, emerging risks, and international best practices
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit Unit with other assignments including involvement in the development of internal audit policies and working practices.
The Success Applicant Must Meet the Following Criteria:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related fields from a recognized University;
- Relevant professional qualifications in Accounting or Auditing such as ACA, ACCA, CA, CPA, CIA etc.
- Minimum of 8 years of audit experience preferably in the financial services industry or consulting;
- Experience in auditing Trade Finance, Project/Development Financing and Treasury activities will be an advantage;
- Demonstrable understanding of Risk-Based Internal Audit (RBIA), risk management principles and corporate governance practices and frameworks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English combined with ability to build compelling business cases and adapt style in order to gain buy in. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Strong analytical skills, including conducting audit in an automated environment;
- Self-motivated and ability to drive work to conclusion and meet deadlines with minimal supervision. The candidate should be able to work independently as well as a cohesive member of a small team;
- Ability to work effectively in an evolving and challenging multi-cultural environment.