To perform KYC assignments as per approved Exim Standard Operation Procedures with due care and diligence including planning, controlling, reporting and follow up of issues raised during banking operations.
- Overall supervisor for the KYC / maintenance unit
- See that the staff in the unit are made aware of the existing processes and adhere to the same
- Ensure all the Accounts maintained in the system are KYC compliant
- See that all additional KYC documents submitted from Branches are filled along with the original mandate file of the customer
- Ensure all documents are properly filed
- Ensure all necessary registers are maintained correctly Ensure all necessary registers are tallied and signed at the end of each day
- Ensure journal ticking is reconciled on a daily basis and MIS report generated Ensure timely closure of audit issues if any
- Prepare and submit to Senior Manager-CBO any daily/Monthly/Quarterly reports as per the formats designed by the SM-CBO
- Minimize customer Internal/External customer complaints by ensuring the SLAs are adhered to.
Interaction with Others
- Internal- regular contact with SM – CBO, GHO, Branch Managers, Senior Management and Auditors.
- External- None
- Working knowledge of banking operations, risk and the business controls environment
- Strong banking controls experience
- Sound understanding of planning, processes, finance, contracts and operational controls
- Ability to engage internal customers in the centralization process
- Experienced with expert knowledge of banking standard operations procedures and Centralization techniques together with commercial awareness.
- Experience in leading, managing and motivating a team of experienced operational staff
- Understanding of compliance surrounding a banking sector
- Experience in analysing banking operations, identifying gaps and exposure in the business and presenting to Senior Management
- Strong business awareness, sound reporting skills and the ability to work under own initiative
- Good business skills in key risks facing the bank and mitigating controls.
- Understanding of regulations, compliance and best practices surrounding banking sector.
- Adherence to the Exim Bank Tanzania Limited policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong relationship management skills and a confident communicator
- Can work independent at minimal supervision, objectively and result oriented.
- Team Player
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, keen on streamlining business process to attain efficiency and continuous improvement of bank’s control environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the banks procedures
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the bank