Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base.
It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are a seeking a Manager – Operational Risk to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Head, Risk and Compliance
Purpose of Role
Operational Risk Management works with the business units and control groups to help ensure the Bank has a transparent, consistent and comprehensive programme for managing operational risk across the firm. This Operational Risk team designs, implements and monitors the firm-wide operational risk framework. This role will provide the leadership and direction for the Operational Risk team.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Research and determine sources of risks within the bank’s processes and business practices
- Report potential vulnerabilities to senior management and propose solutions
- Conduct snap audits across all sources of fraud risk
- Ensure all actions from ORC and Board meetings are actioned upon in timely manner
- Develop plans and designs for new risk processes and working with Risk Officers to implement
- Provide forward thinking analysis of future Operational Risks
- Lead the development of new policies and procedures to tackle emerging risks
- Implement tools related to operational risk management and work towards the goals of improved controls and lower risk.
- Coordinate all the operational risk activities
- Manage all anti-fraud activities and programmes throughout the bank
- Drive enhancement to team performance and achievement of team goals
- Conduct regular training for risk officers to ensure they are up to speed with latest developments in operational risk
- Train staff on fraud detection and prevention techniques
- Represent the operational risk department in a variety of high profile internal and external forums
- Holds a Bachelor Degree in Banking or Finance or related
- A minimum of 8 years of working experience in risk management with strong knowledge in Operational Risk combined with a sound understanding of risk management principles
- Strong project management and organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience in management by influence, facilitating and gaining consensus
- Proven track record of building strong relationships across business functions
- Proven leadership qualities partnering with both 1st line of defence units and 2nd line of defence functions
- Strategic mind-set, with excellent knowledge and understanding of banking products and organisations