The African Export Import Bank (the “Bank”) was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank was established under the twin constitutive instruments of an Agreement signed by member States and multilateral organizations, and which confers on the Bank the status of an international multilateral organization; as well as a Charter, governing its corporate structure and operations, signed by all Shareholders. The authorized share capital of the Bank is Five Billion United States Dollars (US$5 billion).
The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt, commenced operations on 30 September, 1994, following the signature of a Headquarters Agreement with the host Government in August, 1994. It has branch offices in Harare, Abuja, Abidjan and Nairobi.
Currently, they are seeking a Manager, Treasury, Sales & Marketing (Africa Funds)
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Liquidity Management Strategy, Planning, Analysis and Funding Execution
- Formulation of the Africa-focus Funding Mobilisation Strategy with the help of the Head of Treasury Services and designing a fit-for-purpose market and sales implementation roadmap;
- Champion the implementation of the Africa-focus Funding Mobilisation Marketing Plan with the help of the Head of Treasury Services;
- Champion Treasury’s initiatives to raise targeted local currency funding from the African Continent in line with Bank’s wider strategy of diversifying its funding base;
- Establishing Debt and Capital Market Programmes in targeted local markets in Africa where the Bank, as part of the wider strategy, targets to raise local currency funding;
- Realising wholesale deposits takings in line with the Bank’s guidelines;
2. Treasury funding product formulation and sales/marketing
- Participates in client conference calls/meetings to assess client needs;
- Identifies product solutions for client needs, works with the origination function and other partners in various African countries to obtain product information, pricing, implementation contacts/process;
- Presents features/benefits of products to client jointly with the Head of Treasury Services;
- Build expertise and vital contacts in specific regions or economic blocks: North, West, East, South;
- Works jointly with the origination function to leverage on the existing continent-wide client base of the Bank;
- Responsible for knowledge sharing with the wider Treasury Services team and the Bank;
- Prepare and present International and/or Continental Presentations/Seminars to clients;
- Arrange client meetings on a continuous basis;
- Works with the Strategy & Innovation team to build out additional product offerings;
3. Investor relationship management
- Establishing and nurturing bilateral relationships of all deposit related counterparties domiciled in the African Continent;
- Management of all relationships with African Central Banks, other deposit funding institutions and fixed income investors;
- Champion treasury roadshow arrangements with targeted African domiciled institutions;
- Ensure you project a smart, friendly, polite and professional image providing the highest standard of customer care to satisfactorily negotiate and retain deposits efficiently with targeted counterparties;
- With the help of the Head of Treasury Services Unit, be the ambassador of the African funding mobilisation exercises;
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, internal and external;
- Ability to handle difficult situations and arrive at win-win solutions;
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to you by the Head of Treasury Services and Senior Management from time to time.
The Success Applicant Must Meet the Following Criteria:
The individual will be working in a fast-paced and demanding environment result measurement is key, dealing with Central Banks, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, and large institutions including corporates in the African Continent. You must be a strong and resilient character who is results focused and a confident communicator with the ability to attract new deposit relationships, resolve issues effectively within a timely manner, all while delivering and driving exceptional levels of customer service within the Bank Deposit Guidelines. Your performance will be measured from day one with key achievements reported on a monthly basis going forward. Skill-set required for this role, among others, include:
- Master’s Degree Qualification in Marketing or MBA in a Finance/Marketing/Administration or related field;
- A Bachelor’s degree from a leading University or a professional qualification;
- Relevant experience of at least 8 years;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of relevant sales and marketing experience in the African environment;
- Ability to make decision in a fast moving environment like international capital market and to negotiate with counterparties.
- Good Excel skills and very strong financial modeling skills required;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Bi-lingual with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese); and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources from varied cultural backgrounds to attain goals.