- Ensures clean audit risk and compliance reports.
- Embeds risk and governance framework in business
- Devises a clear 1-3 year strategy for the business aligned to the overall Country strategy.
- Develops strategy in collaboration with Product specialists integrating the different channel contributions and aligning their respective value propositions to maximise market share.
- Develops growth strategy and sets aggressive performance targets that result in increased sales and reduced operating losses.
- The incumbent is accountable for achieving results through comprehensive business management.
- Develops Managers of others / managers & specialists under supervision.
- Selects potential Managers of others / managers to sustain pipeline.
- Works across various disciplines and integrates the disciplines to develop new strategies and operationalises them.
- Accountable for performance of the unit.
- Accountable for business wide direction and business results.
- Manages external relationships and influences industry bodies.
- The ability to make balanced and sound recommendations and decisions, by understanding issues and problems, evaluating the consequences of alternative solutions and to select the most appropriate alternative. Recommendations and decisions need to be implementable, effective and well thought through.
- The ability to perceive, interpret and translate information (stimuli) in order to competently performs processes and tasks at various levels of complexity within the organisation. It also includes the ability to apply analytical, integrative, lateral or systemic thinking; depending on the task at hand.
- Proactively establishing and maintaining relationships to accomplish organisational goals. Focus is place on the ability to be socially adept, aware of own impact on others, acting with integrity and building trust.
- Having achieved a Full performance level of technical knowledge, related to a specific role.
- Effectively meeting client needs; building inspiring relationships; and taking responsibility for client experience.
- Planning, supporting and guiding/coaching others by focusing them on the accomplishment of work objectives through active performance management and development. This is done to enhance and strengthen their respective skills and abilities that they can fulfill current and future role responsibilities more efficiently.
- The ability to understand the big picture in which the business is operating, the inter-play between the different components and the impact on your specific business. This includes an understanding of commercial and financial principles.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.