Job Title: Market Manager Central Africa
Company: Moët Hennessy LatAMEC
Location / Market : Douala, Cameroun
The Market Manager is accountable for the business results (volumes, distribution, pricing, A&P expenses, Apport Marché) and brands equity in Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Chad and Central African Republic.
Based in Douala (Cameroun), the Market Manager reports to the Managing Director Africa & Middle East.
• Manage a network of third-party distributors ensuring partners fulfill MH’s objectives (quantitative and qualitative).
• Propose, implement and review area’s annual business plan (financial targets, pricing and distribution strategy, and marketing planning).
Commercial & Business Development
• Ensure that we have the best distributors in all our markets; if not propose alternative distributors.
• Set targets with distributors and review regularly their business and marketing performance (volumes, portfolio mix, pricing, distribution and promotion).
• Ensure MH brands are on top of mind and develop goodwill / enthusiasm and brand knowledge at distributor level.
• Identify new growth opportunities: brands / markets, new channels, RTM, new consumer segments.
• Follow-up of Inventory / Depletion in order to ensure sustainable growth and better accuracy of supply chain flows.
• Provide Managing Director and MH LatAMEC with updated information about distributors (contracts, contacts, etc.).
• Propose A&P budget and control spending on a regular basis.
• Propose marketing, media, PR, merchandising and On Trade activities and ensure correct implementation both quantitatively and qualitatively.
• Ensure that the staff of distributors and key client is trained regularly in each country.
• Operate as an ambassador for all Brands with media, trade and consumers.
• Monitor and communicate on competitors’ activities and price positioning.
• Provide insights on consumers´ trends, social, political and other relevant environment information.
Qualification, Experience & Skills Required
Education : Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Economics or Marketing. Ideally from Top Business school / universityLanguages : Excellent French and English
Professional experience & know how :• Min 8-10 years relevant professional experience• International exposure, with professional experience and knowledge of the Wines & Spirits business, and if possible a previous experience in African Markets.• Sales background with solid knowledge of administrative/ financial concepts. A successful track record in managing wholesale operations is fundamental, marketing and positioning strongly branded products in local markets.• Natural Business Developer with the objective to foster a sales-driven organization.• Ideally some experience with luxury goods or at least the sensibility to luxury goods.
Technical & management skills :• Sales and Marketing• Knowledge of administrative / basic financial concepts
Personal & interpersonal skills :• Flexible, creative individual, self-motivated and passionate about the Company’s brands• With an entrepreneurial spirit, capable of working in less structured environments• Cross-cultural sensitivity• Emotional intelligence• A responsible, mature outlook with good judgmental skills• Leading by example• Extravert and like going out in on trade outlets (restaurants, bars, discos)• 6 Key Leadership factors: action-oriented, drive for results, motivating others, strategic agility, creativity, learning on the fly.
Additional Informations • Candidate must be open to travel at least 50% of the time in geographical scope• Local contract
Economic data (volume, Revenue, OP,..) : Confidential
HR data (hc under responsibility,…) : TBC
Evolution data/ development opportunities : MT Marketing / Commercial role / LT General Management
• Market Director Africa & Middle East
• MH LatAMEC Regional team (Regional Marketing & Commercial Director, Business Support Director, Financial Director, Financial Controller, HRD)
• “Maisons” teams (marketing, sales administration, BDD)
• Important On-Trade accounts
• Press, Advertising Agency
• Marketing material suppliers
• Social Relations : network with the Who´s Who (politics, art, business, etc. in each of the major markets)