Hilti designs and manufactures leading-edge technology, software and services, which power the professional construction industry.
They’re global, based in over 120 countries with more than 23,000 employees.
Everyday their technologies support awe-inspiring feats of engineering around the world – from the famous bullet train in Japan to tunnels deep under some of the largest cities on earth.
They offer a 360 degree service for your build – from design software, products and tools onsite to training, repairs, testing and consultancy. They ’re a one-stop shop for building, worldwide.
As a Market sensing executive, To conduct local study in some African markets with the purpose of identifying potential customers, market share as well as components for building a value proposition for Hilti offering in these markets. The incumbent is soly responsible on conducting the interviews and research while the questionnaire are designed regionally as well as the analysis is also done regionally.
Weekly reporting (by phone or email) to the project manager in Dubai is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Facing/ Field rides:
- Identify potential customers through online and offline research
- Conduct interviews with construction professionals and influencers
- Conduct interviews with current and potential customers
- Market Sensing and Field research:
- Drive/travel to different cities as well as different projects and conduct a one-to-on interview with Hilti users or potential users.
- Segment, cluster as well as filter data received as per relevance to the project.
- Implement agreed Sensing project timeline and roadmap in coordination with Regional Marketing
- Review and provide feedback on country specific data
- Deliver country specific data based with given template
- Focus Markets: Provide MO specific data.
Reporting to Region:
- Send a weekly report of activity conducted locally to regional project manager and align on tasks for following week.
- Report can be on excel as well as Word or powerpoint.
- Report needs to be neutral with no extrapolations or interpretations from local team.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. Willing to learn basics of Hilti Sales Model to be able to represent Hilti in Market research.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Local Language– fluent in local language including the local dialects that are spoken on construction sites.
- Communications and Media — Able to report on word, Powerpoint, excel
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Work Activities Requirements
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization — Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Work Styles Requirements
- Integrity — Most importantly. job requires being honest and ethical.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge and be self reliant.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Independence — Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.