The Operations Manager will build, lead and co-ordinate high quality production operation activities in the the Company’s Ghana operating company. Oil forecast in 2014 at 100-kbd oil from an FPSO with up to 20 subsea wells, with high probability of double in size thereafter through a second FPSO. Operations Manager will be Ghana based.
- HSE and emergency response
- The production operations organisation to efficiently and safely manage the production from the Jubilee Field, FPSO deepwater scheme in a new oil and gas producing country and in an independent oil company looking to build these capabilities for the first time
- Operations group will have responsibility for production activity of an FPSO and related wells/subsea architecture plus also a gas export-sales scheme. The system will later expand to a further FPSO.
- Production group will cover all O&M activity including troubleshooting, asset integrity and inspection.
- Meeting uptime and system reliability targets and deliver cost and production targets in combination with the total organisation
- Being the senior managerial interface with the significant contractor element (Modec). Ensure contractor has similar very high standards of operational performance.
- Implement and be key to the mentoring and training plan for national staff to later carry-out and manage the production operations of the Company’s Ghana’s developments
- Operations Manager has wide ranging skills and experience in deepwater production operations and new country/developing country environments.
- Manage the O&M contractor (Modec) to ensure all major KPI’s of: asset integrity, EHS and facility uptime are met
- Ensure high quality HSE systems and Safety Case are in-place and being adequately maintained.
- Ensure cases to operate are adequately managed.
- Create an open and high quality production operations team delivering high levels of production, safety and cost performance.
- Represent Tullow in JV and Govt. meetings regarding production and operational matters of the development of the Jubilee Field.
- Financial Responsibility: Involvement in the design and execution of operations contracts lasting several years of scale several $100million
- Annual operating cost budget estimated at some $200 million per annum for a deepwater FPSO.
- Tertiary – Engineering.
- Ideally also with business/commercial
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Team leading/management experience
- Mentoring and training capabilities
- Used to international new country environments where need to build from scratch.
- High level production and operational skills honed in national and international roles.
- Preferred to have held in-field OIM role or similar experience.
- Deepwater operational experience, preferred FPSO but not essential.
- 20 years+ upstream industry background.
- Culturally sensitive and keen to develop national staff into senior roles as the organisation is developed.
- West Africa experience beneficial.
- HSE aware
- Technically and commercially credible, open and honest
- Managerial and supervisory experience of operational staff