Conduct Exploration & Appraisal activities of the Company, as well as to partner operated license blocks in which the company has an interest.
- Ensure smooth, cost-effective data acquisition operations
- Preparing optimal, fit-for-purpose data acquisition (logging / coring) programmes
- Close working relationships with Drilling department and contractors during execution phase of the wells.
- Ensure optimum decision making during well execution based on log data.
- Ensure fit-for-purpose data acquisition contracts
- Monitoring of expenditure/invoicing and daily liaison with logging contractors
- Provide petrophysical expertise into contract renewals/tender exercises/ technical & commercial evaluations.
- Create acoustic rock physics models to support seismic / AVO / inversion study efforts.
- Ensure full alignment with Partners, Government bodies and External Auditors regarding well interpretation results, petrophysical workflows and property modelling approach.
- Mentor and coach new graduates as appropriate, with the aim of building a strong petrophysics section in-country.
- To ensure full adherence to the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment policies, procedures and standards.
- MSc Degree in Geology, Engineering or Physics.
- Phd will be an advantage.
- The ideal person will have 15+ years of petrophysical oil industry experience. Ideal background from an operator, preferably in prod & development.
- High level of communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Excellent mentoring and coaching skills.
- Exposure to exploration, development and production phases of projects.
- Computer skills are required with experience of Interactive
- Petrophysics desirable but not essential.
- Language; an excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Takes a proactive approach.
- Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion.
- React quickly & flexible to changing circumstances.
- Use initiative to ensure issues are overcome.
- Seek ways to find and apply best practice.
- Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach.
- Open, honest & reliable.