Accountable for design Integrity and functionality of specific facilities (subsea and FPSO). Responsible for day to day management and execution of brownfield engineering modifications, upgrades and debottlenecking projects including the construction and commissioning phases of such work in support of operational needs.
- Responsible for the Technical Integrity and functionality of the facilities design during all phases of the project including concept and FEED studies.
- Ensure all engineering work is delivered in accordance with company EHS requirements.
- Ensure operability and maintainability. Coordinate activities with Operations, Well Engineering and other Jubilee asset representatives as necessary.
- Responsible for the organization and management of individual projects and facilities engineering including recruitment and retention of competent engineers and support staff.
- Mentoring of Nationals within the Projects / Engineering team
- Administration of engineering contracts and preparation of engineering scopes of work.
- Ensure that Contractor’s scope is performed in fully in accordance with the contractual requirements.
- Review engineering contractor’s progress reports and conduct weekly progress meetings. Monitor the engineering activities, budgets and schedules.
- Build positive, long term relationships with engineering contractors and consultants. Liaise on day-to-day matters.
- Identify critical issues and follow up corrective actions.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for the Jubilee Asset.
- Ensure designs, specifications, drawings and other data prepared by engineering contractors meet company quality requirements and are in compliance with applicable codes, standards, laws and regulations.
- Financial Responsibility: Responsible for delivery of all projects and engineering in accordance with agreed annual work plan and budget
- Degree qualified and Chartered Engineer.
- Senior Engineer with 15+ years of experience in preferably Process, Mechanical or Subsea Engineering.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of all other engineering disciplines (Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls, etc).
- Strong preference for experience as Project Manager or Engineering Manager / Team Leader with multi-discipline responsibility for Greenfield or Brownfield engineering / projects.
- Experience with conceptual studies, FEED and detailed design in multidiscipline upstream projects.
- Ability to identify innovations and optimization and apply value adding processes to meet project objectives cost effectively.
- Experience of construction, commissioning, start-up and operations.
- Project management skills.
- Strong analytical and planning capability.
- Skilled negotiator and strong influencing skills.
- Skilled man manager with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a multidiscipline engineering team.
- Ability to work to high standards under tight deadlines.
- Effectively build and maintain a variety of working relationships to senior levels.
- Represents the company to contractors and other internal and external stakeholders professionally and articulately.
- Easily assimilates technical, process, project delivery and operational requirements in order to interpret the business requirements into technical scope and activities.
- Assimilates project/opportunity value drivers and contributes innovative designs and solutions that maximize life-cycle value.
- Values and forms co-operative working relationships.