YOU WILL REPORT TO
The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) in Africa, partnering closely with senior
management across the Continent and in Canada.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Contribute to the creation of the Human Resources function in close collaboration
with CHRO and the HR team
- Serve as the HR Business Partner working with executives and senior leaders to
advance the goals of the organization from a Human Resources perspective
- Support a performance-driven culture with a focus on our human capital – talent
management, coaching and mentoring, business partnering to enable and motivate
- Recommend, design and implement new approaches and initiatives to support Foundation objectives
- Ensure the continued development of great HR practices in line with business goals
Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to help recruit, develop, retain and engage
high potential and high performing team members
- Develop great relationships with our employees at all levels to support a high level
of employee engagement
- Leverage your networks and experience to bring new ideas and best practice to the
fore as we design the future
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Post Graduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
- 10 – 15 years of progressive HR experience serving in strategically focused roles. Senior level experience as a Human Resources Business Partner is a must. Global experience is an asset.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience leading and managing a team with the proven ability to motivate and energize others
- Extensive knowledge of employment legislation and best practices across Africa with a strong professional network. Good knowledge of immigration and relocation practices.
- Willingness to take initiative, “roll up one’s sleeves” move with urgency, persistence and speed, and thrive in a fast-paced environment of high demand and change
- Able to navigate a complex organization in transition, bringing a flexible attitude and a growth mindset
- Able to bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions. Willing to take calculated risks to influence the adoption of fresh ideas and approaches
- Strong employee focus with superior collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Sound business acumen
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and strategic-thinking skills
- Strong judgement, consulting, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Comfortable with all forms of technology
- Able to travel across Africa and internationally
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- A values-driven organization with a compelling mission
- An opportunity to pursue your passion to have impact on the lives of others
- A chance to build a new HR function on the Continent and make your mark as an HR professional
- Small collaborative teams where you can influence the direction of the organization
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Professional and personal learning opportunities supported by the Foundation.
“Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.” Reeta Roy, President & CEO
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings
to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and
accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education
are essential conditions of employment.