Mastercard Foundation is looking for a senior HR professional to serve as a strategic business partner, working directly with leaders and staff across the Continent. The focus is to provide hands-on operational HR support to regional and country teams while assessing the need for resources and HR capacity building going forward. To achieve your mandate, you will lead a team of HR professionals located in Toronto, Canada and in Africa, ensuring coherent and leading-edge practices, participating in the development of P&C and business-related initiatives and implementing them at a country and local level.
The successful candidate will be a strong HR Generalist with the demonstrated ability to build up an HR function, establish and nurture effective relationships and to oversee the full range of HR activities including talent acquisition, compensation, employee relations and change management. We are looking for an individual who is results-oriented, agile, creative and a team player to work in an environment characterized by expansion and growth.
YOU WILL REPORT TO
The Director, People & Culture (Toronto, Canada), partnering closely with senior management across the Continent and in Canada.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Establish a Human Resources function in Africa in close collaboration with the People & Culture Team
- Serve as an HR Business Partner working with executives and senior leaders to advance the goals of the organization from a People and Culture perspective
- Support a performance-driven culture with a focus on our human capital – talent management, coaching and mentoring, business partnering to enable and motivate teams
- Recommend, design and implement new approaches and initiatives to support Foundation objectives
- Ensure the continued development of great HR practices in line with business goals
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to help recruit, develop, retain and engage high potential and high performing team members
- Develop great relationships with our employees at all levels to support a high level of employee engagement
- Leverage your networks and experience to bring new ideas and best practice to the fore as we design the future
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Post Graduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience serving in strategically focused roles. Senior level experience as a Human Resources Business Partner is a must. Global experience is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading and managing a team with the proven ability to motivate and energize others
- Extensive knowledge of employment legislation and best practices across Africa with a strong professional network. Good knowledge of immigration and relocation practices.
- Willingness to take initiative, “roll up one’s sleeves” move with urgency, persistence
and speed, and thrive in a fast-paced environment of high demand and change
- Able to navigate a complex organization in transition, bringing a flexible attitude and a growth mindset
- Able to bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions. Willing to take calculated risks to influence the adoption of fresh ideas and approaches
- Strong employee focus with superior collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Sound business acumen
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and strategic-thinking skills
- Strong judgement, consulting, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Comfortable with all forms of technology
- Able to travel across Africa and internationally
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- A values-driven organization with a compelling mission
- An opportunity to pursue your passion to have impact on the lives of others
- A chance to build a new People and Culture function on the Continent and make your mark as an HR professional
- Small collaborative teams where you can influence the direction of the organization
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Professional and personal learning opportunities supported by the Foundation.