Sales Managers are primarily responsible for the achievement of revenue budgets through the maintenance, growth and introduction of profitable sales from a base of new and existing customers in the Corporate and Meetings, Incentive, Conference and Exhibition (MICE) Markets. Secondary responsibilities require the support of national sales strategies in the Leisure market including consolidators, wholesalers and tour operators and special interest organizations. Operating from a regional home base within the defined territory, time is required making sales calls to prospective and existing customers. Representation of the company at both public and trade events may be required. Domestic travel will be frequent and in addition to international travel necessary for the fulfillment of work/customer obligations.
- Identify opportunities and implement strategies to introduce new customers and increase incremental and profitable sales to South African Airways.
- Disseminate various revenue reports to measure customer performance identifying, formulating and implementing strategies to maximize sales opportunities to increase profitable sales. Liason with head office staff will be required to aid with strategy implementation.
- As appropriate, ensure the coordination of customer activity and communication in local, national and multi national markets.
- Administrative duties to ensure effective recording of activity.
- Revenue and cost budgeting and ensuring maximum use of overhead and promotional funds.
- Provide company representation at both trade and public events and maintain a dynamic, high profile relationship with major clients.
- Able to monitor sales, competitor and market activity through use of a wide range of reporting tools.
- Provide timely reports, recommendations and feedback as required by senior management.
Education and Experience
- College education/degree is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum four (4) years airline and/or travel industry experience, including two (2) years recent corporate sales, account management or marketing experience. Success in sales environment needs to be quantifiable and demonstrable. Experience in Leisure market is essential.
- Excellent time management and territory planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both when dealing with internal and external clients.
- Ability to interface with wide range of staff levels including senior management.
- Fluent knowledge of Windows based software including Microsoft Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and Excel. Also the ability to learn and adapt to new bespoke software systems that the company may introduce.
- Must be analytical and be able to budget for both cost and revenue purposes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines.
Exceptional Sales Skills
Professional and Technical Skills