The Senior Vice President Finance will undertake complete financial responsibility for the business and provide comprehensive reporting of all financial and management accounting activity pulling together coherent regular monthly reports that are timely, accurate and meaningful, input to the strategic leadership of the business and assume primary responsibility for all financial activities in Arik Air Limited. He will be the ‘go to person’ for the head of finance for all domestic and regional financial, management and general issues
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee financial management of Arik Limited operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and financial operating procedures.
- Evaluate major investment projects, strategic acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Ensure compliance with budgetary reporting requirements.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Develop and implement the company’s policies and procedures, including financial (general accounting, internal auditing, budgeting, funding, financial analysis, risk management, credit and collections), procurement and human resources.
- Manage all financial functions including planning, budgeting, controlling, accounting, treasury, project finance risk management.
- Recommend required business actions/solutions to address financial and business related issues to CEO for implementation.
- Lead and manage corporate finance products structuring and negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with international accounting standards and prepare for audits.
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- Support the growth of the operation and ensure financial goals are achieved in a financially orderly and disciplined manner.
- Seasoned and experienced Expat Aviation Finance Executive
- 5-7 years experience and proven track record in a similar role in commercial airline finance
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Finance.
- Demonstrable team builder
- Demonstrable hands on proactive management style as well as strategic support for head of finance
- Head of Finance , Board of Directors, Senior Management