The Subsea Operations Engineer is a position in the Projects & Engineering Ghana team and will report to the Subsea Projects Manager providing support to Ghana Operations group for the Jubilee and TEN development.The primary role of the Subsea Operation Engineer is to provide engineering support to assure the ‘safe, compliant, and reliable’ planning and execution. The primary day to day work responsibility of the position is the day to day management of onshore & offshore operation related to the Subsea infrastructure, management of sub-contractors working in conjunction withthe subsea operational team, all operational matters relating to the deepwater subsea production systemwith hardware including trees, manifolds, PLET’s, jumpers, flying leads, pipelines and associated equipment and to work in conjunction with the Projects, LCV & IMR Leads to schedule upcoming work.
- Ensuring the safety and operational risk agenda of each onshore and offshore work site is delivered and assuring the operation takes place within the the Standards and Practices requirements.
- Create & review operation risk assessment for all operational task and address and resolve any non-compliance issues.
- Ensure Conformance with the Company’s EHS Management System process throughout all subsea operations.
- Prepare installation operation procedures in sufficient detail to examine the potential risks and hazards involved during the installation activities.
- Liaise with Third Party suppliers on Subsea Engineering issues and ensure their compliance.
- Provide technical input to Operation and Installation Program.
- Ensure all Operational lessons learned are captured, communicated and improvements implemented in a timely manner.
- Interface with Subsea & Operations Team to ensure alignment and deliverables are ready when needed.
- Support installation and construction activities by providing knowledge based contact in support of operations.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and training of Ghana nationals in the subsea engineering roles and responsibilities.
- As required, mentor & coach all other members of Subsea Operation team in relation to Systems services & engineering.
- Provide expertise on for operational trouble shooting of subsea systems during offshore installation, commissioning and start-up.
- Implementation of all future MCS Software upgrades.
- Maintain CCR operator are provided training and competency checks to ensure operation of equipment meets the standards
- Coordinate between FMC Ghana and the project personnel in as required, about new equipment supply, installation and commissioning operations.
- Participate in reviews of operational and safety nature such as HAZOPS, HAZIDS, CWOPs startup reviews, operations reviews, etc.
- Oversee commercial questions and provide clarifications related to support activities and any other services.
- Monitor 3rd part contractors investigations related to optimizing of equipment and software and provides assistance to engineering when necessary.
- Oversee and manage 3rd party spares inventory and insure availability in relation to operational plans, to ensure continuity and efficiency.
- Monitor Performance Metrics of 3rd party Contractors and work with the ‘s organization for continuous improvement.
- Any other work assigned by Subsea Projects Manager.
- Position will require domestic and foreign travel and potentially some extended project site visits especially during project fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up.
- Total Years Work Experience: Project experience in subsea controls-specific and project management and execution experience required.
- Overall subsea hardware experience in offshore oil and gas production system.
- Experience in subsea operation maintenance and repair of control systems with installation background.
- Operational trouble shooting of subsea systems during offshore operation, commissioning and start-up.
- Subsea Project Planning with emphasis on subsea hardware.
- Cost estimating and scheduling experience
- Knowledge of oil and gas project construction work requirements and practices.
- Knowledge of oil and gas project safety and quality requirements and work practices
- Knowledge of oil and gas facilities design and engineering
- Knowledge of oil and gas production operations
- Knowledge of issues and challenges with projects in various remote locations
- Goal / results oriented
- Organizational and coordination skills – ability to work effectively with multi-discipline teams
- Interpersonal skills – consensus builder
- Computer skills – AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Communication skills – good written and spoken English and presentation skills
- Mentoring skills – interest, commitment and patience in developing in-country national resources.