Required to manage and execute the annual SuperSport brand marketing plan in order to achieve the company’s objectives by defining a marketing strategy that will grow the business, increase sales and profitability as well as enhancing the perception and position of SuperSport and MultiChoice Angola.
- Accountable for implementing the annual SuperSport marketing brand and communication plans.
- Align SuperSport marketing brand and communication plans with DStv/MultiChoice Angola strategies – acquisitions and retention.
- Input into the development of the marketing (ATL & BTL) and communications for new and existing content on SuperSport channels.
- Work closely with the SuperSport Research team, On-Air team and the MultiChoice Angola teams to regularly analyze and respond to the competitive environment.
- Adapt the marketing and communication plans to ensure the most effective, cost-efficient and successful implementation thereby increasing viewership.
- To deliver required focus on Angola investments and ensuring that the properties are leveraged efficiently e.g. basketball and Girabola.
- Manage all operational aspects specific to the implementation of the SuperSport brand, marketing and communication plans (ATL, BTL, events, activations etc.)
- Create and implement appropriate structures, systems, workflows and SOPs in order to meet and exceed the goals of the marketing plan.
- Successfully manage marketing contracts/outsourced functions (e.g. creative agency, PR agency media agency)
- Regularly review departmental outputs to ensure continued success in division and alignment with DStv.
- Work closely with and support the MultiChoice Angola team – cross business integration.
- Continuously monitor and report on the success of the marketing plans (ATL, BTL – monitor progress, compliance & performance).
- To prepare and present marketing plans to various stakeholders as and when required.
- Successfully support online and social media teams (SuperSport and DStv)
- Manage the in-country marketing budget (forecasting, phasing) and input into the preparation and presentation of the annual marketing budget.
- Report on return on investment analysis for all marketing activities – measure and report.
- Any additional developments as required by the business (SuperSport and DStv)
- Minimum: Degree in Marketing / Communications Management
- Preference: Post Graduate Degree in Marketing/ Communications Management
- Minimum: 4 to 6 years management experience in Marketing
- Preference: 6 to 8 years management experience in Marketing
- English: Advanced
- Portuguese: Fluent
- Advanced Computer Literacy (MS Office, Power Point, Excel)
- Good knowledge and understanding of sports
- Understanding of Pay-TV/multi-channel environment will be an added advantage
- High level leadership and management skills
- Advanced level of creative thinking
- Good problem solving skills
- Energy and drive
- Customer driven and market-oriented approach
- Ability to analyze research and data
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
Meticulous attention to detail