The company owns and operates a network of terminals that facilitate global trade flows, and specializes in warehousing, logistics and related port services for essential commodities worldwide. The company operates in 30+ countries on 50+ sites with a combined storage capacity of over 1.3 million square meters. The company is one of the world’s leading trading companies with a turnover of over 130 billion USD annually.
A Warehouse Manager is responsible for planning the arrangement of goods within the warehouse, administration and general management issues which will include day to day supervision of staff and overseeing of work organized by team leaders. He manages teams of workers and deals with personnel issues such as the recruitment, training and discipline of staff. Furthermore, he ensures productivity targets are met and maintain computerized administration and automated storage retrieval systems
- Warehouse managers must know shipping regulations, safety policies, and standard inventory procedures. They must be able to use data entry programs, such as Microsoft Excel, to record and analyze information about the warehouse’s inventory. Warehouse managers should have strong management abilities, which they use to hire, train, and direct employees. They are also responsible for compiling detailed financial reports, so a knowledge of budgets and basic finance is preferred. Warehouse managers should be able to design and change warehouse layouts in order to improve efficiency and inventory accuracy.
- A minimum experience of at least 4 years in a management role in a renowned company.
- The interested candidate must have excellent leadership and coordination skills as the work involves handling of a team and allocating warehouse related responsibilities to the individuals.
- Must keep a tab of all the loading and unloading of the goods and materials.
- Must possess ample expertise to supervise the documentation works including monitoring of invoice records of the transactions.
- Should be sincere and meet deadlines on a regular basis.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Good health, physical stamina, fitness, and vitality
- Personal qualities associated with good human and interpersonal relations