View the Insight Snapshot
Read high-level insight from the Careers in Africa Employer of Choice Study free before you opt in for the full report.
Find Out More – Get in Touch
To find out more about the Study, claiming your online Top 100 profile or getting a Standard or Brand Report, please complete the form below.
2015 EOC Awards Round-Up
Find out about the nominees, winners and news from the 1st Careers in Africa Employer of Choice Awards in Johannesburg.
Careers in Africa Employer of Choice
Latest: Top 100 Live on careersinafrica.com – Click here to view
The first pan-African employer attractiveness study reveals what matters to African talent across the continent and around the world, as well as who the continent’s top employers really are.
The Study is created in association with Willis Towers Watson and features the views of more than 13,000 African professionals. Outputs from the Study, and ways employers can take part include:
- Reports – understand talent motivations and the perception of your employer brand
- Awards – recognition of the continent’s top employers at events around Africa
- Top 100 – the definitive ranking of Africa’s top employers, where employers can take over and promote their profiles
- Exclusive Insight – content provided to the HR community, exclusively at Talent Agenda Series events across Africa
What does Careers in Africa Employer of Choice mean for employers?
- Find out what drives attraction across all 54 markets in Africa.
- Reveal trends across various markets, as well as the review of your own brand and how you measure up to the competition.
- Your brand may be nominated for a Careers in Africa Employer of Choice Award.
- Your brand could be ranked in the online Top 100, where your profile will promote your EVP and opportunities.
What does Careers in Africa Employer of Choice mean for talent?
- Compare employers in the online Top 100 as you look for your next role.
- Have your say on what makes a great employer and change what employers in Africa offer their people.
- More great career opportunities promoted by the employers featured in the Top 100.
Methodology and how it works
- A detailed survey was circulated among the global African talent pool. This study was completed by 13,242 African professionals, representing every one of the continent’s 54 markets. 17% of the respondents were based outside Africa.
- Of the respondents, 70% are in full-time employment and 30% are students or graduates looking for work. There was a similar 70-30 split between male and female respondents. The survey featured more than 90 questions and took on average 15 minutes to complete.
- Professionals provided their views on 29 separate attraction drivers that define a great employer, spanning a wide number of areas: reward and benefits, flexible work arrangements, healthcare, training and career development, the importance of an organisation’s commitment to social responsibility, leadership and senior management, financial strength, culture and values and a company’s reputation (its brand image).
- Respondents proceeded to score 3 selected companies (from a curated list of 500 of the continent’s top businesses) against these criteria. Respondents were only given a choice of companies that operated within their given country of citizenship and then asked to rate three companies from that list. These reviews form the basis of reports, awards and the Top 100 ranking.
To find out how your brand can benefit from Careers in Africa Employe of Choice, please download the brochures on the right or get in touch via the link below.