Absa Bank Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited (formerly Absa Group Limited). We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, and wealth management products and services primarily in South Africa and Namibia.
We are driven by our Purpose of helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way.
We exist for our clients and customers, our shareholders, our colleagues and other stakeholders. Helping them in the right way means what we do is as important as how we do it.
We are focused on our Goal to be the financial services group of choice.
Our Values – Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship – define the way we think, work and act.
- Respect: We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
- Integrity: We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
- Service: We put our customers and clients at the centre of what we do.
- Excellence: We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
- Stewardship: We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
To reinforce the importance of living our Values, the business and employee performance and reward place equal emphasis on our objectives (‘what’) and behaviours (‘how’).
We are committed to Shared Growth, which for us means having a positive impact on society and delivering shareholder value.
Our Balanced Scorecard
Our Balanced Scorecard provides a holistic approach to deliver commercial returns, while responding to stakeholders’ needs.