***************This role has now been filled
Vision & Purpose
The role is expected to help the Bank to achieve its mission “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by participating in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Bank’s long term, medium term and short term plans and initiatives that enable the achievement of its operational objectives and mandate as well as the monitoring and evaluation of the developmental impact of the Bank’s activities.
Nature & Scope
The role holder will be responsible for providing professional input to the Bank’s strategic planning process, working with various cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate and analyze evolving strategic priorities, setting strategic objectives and goals, identifying instruments for their attainment as well as monitoring and evaluation of chosen strategy.
The role holder will also be participating in conducting risk-based country and sector studies and product development, consistent with the Bank’s strategic goals.
The role holder will be expected to provide professional input to the budgeting process by assisting in the distilling of strategic goals into annual business plans, write and present in a clear and insightful manner, and champion multiple deliverables and deadlines simultaneously. The role places a premium on working collaboratively with cross functional teams, especially in origination, risk management and finance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage in the development of the Bank’s long term strategic plan and annual business plan for approval by Senior Management and the Board of Directors within the given time frame.
- Engage in the development of strategy and product papers in line with the implementation with the corporate strategic plan for approval by Senior Management and the Board of Directors within the given time frame.
- Monitor and proactively analyse, on an ongoing basis, internal and external events that affect the Bank, so as to provide ideas and intellectual leadership for both short-term tactics and long-term positioning and vision.
- Provide professional input into the Bank wide annual business planning and budgeting process through distilling the Bank’s strategic goals into annual activity plans and advising senior management on the most efficient allocation of the tasks for respective departments and units.
- Assist to communicate the Bank’s long term and annual business plan as approved by the Board of Directors to all staff and put in place monitoring and reporting mechanisms for the benefit of Senior management and staff members.
- Analyse and propose required changes to internal business processes by leveraging industry knowledge, management consulting skills and analytical abilities in identifying key drivers, assessing process capabilities and developing a business case for internal business process enhancement.
- Participate in the preparation of the Bank’s Annual, Half Year and End of Year reports.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of a customer feedback loop to ensure that the Bank is able to capture customer comments and concerns about its business processes and services rendered such that concerns are adequately responded to in order to ensure a customer-centric focus to the Bank’s lending activities.
- Work together with the Risk Management department to define the Bank’s annual risk appetite.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of strategic plans, pointing out material negative deviations and recommending prompt corrective actions.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.