Three billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the world. We have one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership consumer brands. More than 138,000 P&G people in over 80 countries worldwide make sure P&G brands live up to their promise to make everyday lives a little better.
We will provide branded products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and for generations to come. As a result, consumers will reward us with leadership sales, profit and value creation, allowing our people, our shareholders, and the communities in which we live and work
to prosper. We are committed to delighting our West African consumers and we are inspired by serving them.
In West Africa for over 17 Years – a bright future ahead
P&G employs over 1,800 direct and indirect employees through its general offices in Lagos and manufacturing facilities in Ibadan. With cumulative investments of over $70 million P&G produces Ariel, Bonux, Pampers, Always and Vicks in Nigeria. The company is now expanding across various countries in West Africa with a central business and production hub in Nigeria.
1992 – Commenced operations in Nigeria
1993 – Started local production of Always and Vicks
1994 – Started local production of Pampers
1998 – Launched Ariel in Nigeria, P&G expanded its business into Ghana
2002 – Pampers line upgrade to produce more variants locally
2004 – Expansion of Always lines
2006 – Started local production of Ariel
2007 – Launched Bonux detergent
2008 – Opened Senegal Office
We are dedicated to supporting children in need
P&G’s Corporate Social responsibility programme Live, Learn and Thrive assists the development of children in need ages 0-13. Live, Learn and Thrive, concentrates on:
- Ensuring a healthy start for children (Live)
- Providing access to places and tools to learn (Learn)
- Providing access to programs that build self-esteem, empowerment and interpersonal/social skills (Thrive)
Our Live Learn and Thrive programme engages Nigerian Children through various activities:
- The P&G Female Health & Hygiene Education Program, supported by Always now educates 1 million Nigerian girls every year.
- The P&G Baby Care & Hygiene Education Program, supported by Pampers now touches the lives of 1 million young Nigerian mothers and their babies annually.
- P&G Building Futures program in collaboration with non-profit organization ‘Sponsor a Child’ donates clothes, Ariel Detergent and Pampers to orphanages across Nigeria, developing learning centers in 7 orphanages and helping educate caregivers of at-risk children.
- Pampers Mobile Clinics program is touching the lives of over 100,000 mothers/babies by providing free basic medical checks in 50 towns across Nigeria.
- P&G’s Employee Volunteering program lets our employees work on charitable projects – giving back to the communities we live and work.
- Safe Water for Nigerian Children program in collaboration with non-profit organization ‘Society for Family Health’ aims to provide billions of litres of safe drinking water in Nigeria.