Seadrill is a leading offshore deep-water drilling company, aiming to be our customers’ most important partner in making oil and gas available in a safe and cost-effective manner.
We operate a versatile fleet of 69 units that comprises drillships, jack-up rigs, semi-submersible rigs and tender rigs for operations in shallow to ultra-deep-water regions in harsh and benign environments. Our highly skilled and competent employees represent some 75 nationalities, operating in 15 countries on five continents.
Seadrill is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Our primary objective is to profitably grow our business to increase long-term distributable cash flow per share to our shareholders.
Our business strategy is to focus our company on modern state-of-the-art offshore drilling units with our main focus on deep-water operations. We believe we have one of the most modern fleets in the industry and believe that by combining these quality assets and our experienced and skilled employees we will be able to provide our customers with safe efficient operations, and establish, develop and maintain a position as a preferred provider of offshore drilling services for our customers.
We have grown our company significantly from its incorporation in 2005 and have strong ambitions to continue that growth.
The key elements of our strategy are:
- a commitment to provide customers with safe, efficient operations
- a combination of state-of-the-art mobile drilling units with experienced and skilled employees
- growth through targeted alliances, purchase of newbuilds, mergers and acquisitions
- development of our strong position in deep-water and harsh environments
- development of our rapid growing fleet of premium jack-up rigs