Tullow Oil plc is a multinational oil and gas exploration company founded in 1985 Tullow, Ireland with its headquarters in London, United Kingdom. It started in a small town called Tullow, about 35 miles south of Dublin, Ireland. The founder and CEO, Aidan Heavey was talking to a friend who spoke about small oil fields in Africa, which had been left behind by the major players and had no-one to work them. The idea came instantly from that conversation. Another friend of Aidan working at the World Bank then was contacted .He informed Aidan about some small gas fields in Senegal that needed people to develop and rework it. Soon after that conversation Tullow Oil was born. Although Aidan had no prior knowledge about oil fields and the oil industry, Tullow Oil is today the leading independent exploration and production company in Africa.
Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company. Our focus is on finding and monetising oil in Africa and the Atlantic Margins. Our portfolio of over 120 licences spans 22 countries which are managed as three Business Delivery Teams. We are headquartered in London. Our shares are listed on the London, Irish and Ghanaian Stock Exchanges.
We are proud of our people, who are at the heart of our success. At Tullow our culture is to engage and motivate our teams by:
- Maintaining a strong culture and values
- Ensuring our people’s views are listened to
- Helping our people to develop their careers at Tullow through training and development programs
- Rewarding our people for their performance
- Protecting our people’s health and well-being
- Providing equal opportunities and a work environment where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognized and valued.
Employer Value Proposition
At Tullow Oil we believe that our employees are the heart and soul of our business. We leverage on our brand and culture to attract and retain staff.
- Competitive Remuneration: At Tullow we provide holistic rewards and offer competitive renumeration
- Development: Tullow places a high value on development. As a learning organisation, we are always looking for ways to enrich the skillsets and knowledge base of our employees.
- Work life Balance: Not only do we care about the work of our talents but their health is very crucial to us as well.Recognising this, Tullow has partnered with reputable health institutions to ensure that our talents receive the very best of healthcare.
- Promoting Entrepreneurial Spirit and Initiative
- Encourage Diversity: We recognize that the world is a global village. Tullow recognizes Talents from over 20 countries to work alongside local the indigene of the exploration sites.
- Equal Opportunity
To be the leading global independent Exploration and Production Company.